- All Almost Home cats and kittens come with health records and are dewormed, vaccinated, spayed or neutered, FIV/FeLV tested, and microchipped.
- Adoption applicants must be 21+ at the time of application.
- Adoption applicants must live within one hour of Almost Home Adoptions and have reliable transportation.
- We have a rigorous adoption process that includes an application, interview, and home visit. Most adoptions will require 2 to 3 visits to the rescue prior to final approval.
- Adoption applications must be completed in person at the rescue, during our regular adoption/visitation hours. We do not do any adoptions online, via email, or over the phone.
- Kittens do best when they have a friend! Almost Home kittens are typically adopted as pairs. We adopt out single kittens only when available, and only to homes that already have at least one cat.
- All adoptions require a live home visit (via Google Meet) prior to final approval. Photographs or videos are not accepted.
- We take our adoptions very seriously, and our goal is to find the best home for each cat and kitten in the Almost Home family. We will take multiple applications and may interview all applicants prior to making an adoption decision.
- Please do not ask us to separate bonded pairs; such requests will not be considered.
If you’ve fallen in love with one of our cats on Petfinder, on our Youtube Kitten Cam, or just want to look around and see if we have the perfect cat for you, come visit us! We are open for visits on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM.