If you’ve fallen in love with an Almost Home cat or kitten, or are ready to fall in love with one (or more) of our sweet kitties, here’s your chance to see if you could be their match. Please review our adoption policies below, and follow the link to complete our form to request a scheduled meet and greet visit with the cats and kittens we currently have available for adoption.
Please thoroughly read the following information about adopting an Almost Home cat or kitten before requesting a visit.
- All Almost Home cats and kittens come with health records and are dewormed, vaccinated, spayed or neutered, FIV/FeLV tested, and microchipped.
- Adoption applicants must be 21+ at the time of application.
- Adoption applicants must live within one hour of Almost Home Adoptions and have reliable transportation.
- We have a rigorous adoption process that includes an application, interview, and home visit. Most adoptions will require 2 to 3 visits to the rescue prior to final approval.
- Kittens do best when they have a friend! Almost Home kittens are typically adopted as pairs. We adopt out single kittens only when available, and only to homes that already have at least one cat.
- All adoptions require a live home visit (in-person or via Zoom) prior to final approval. Photographs or videos are not accepted.
- We take our adoptions very seriously, and our goal is to find the best home for each cat and kitten in the Almost Home family. We will take multiple applications and may interview all applicants prior to making an adoption decision.
- Please do not ask us to separate bonded pairs; such requests will not be considered.
- Please do not request a visit on a whim! Out of consideration for the time and energy of our small adoptions team, and the limited number of people our cats and kittens are able to meet due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we ask that you request a visit only when you are certain that you are ready and able to adopt.