|Public Resources - About Almost Home|
We are very proud of all that we have accomplished! With the help of our many volunteers and donations, we have made a difference in the lives of thousands of cats & kittens.
Our accomplishments through November 2010:
- Gained non-profit status in November 2004
- Opened a 1000 sq. ft. adoption center in November 2005
- Housed and cared for over 3500 cats
- Assisted in spaying/neutering all homeless cats received
- Tested for FELV/FIV, vaccinated, and dewormed all cats received
- Trapped (TNR) and helped place feral cats
- Taken in and adopted out cats from all over the state of Colorado, including 50 cats from a home in Bennett, CO and many other hoarding situations
- Help with the overflow at municipal shelters
- Taken in and adopted Katrina victims
- Helped homeless cats that traveled from shelters in Arizona and Wyoming
- Educates the public on outside vs. inside, the cruelty of declawing, the importance of spaying/neutering and information for the care of their new family member
- Help pet guardians find resources and assist with resources when available
- Community outreach programs at events throughout the Denver metro area with emphasis always on over-population
Almost Home Adoption has stepped up to the plate numerous times to assist and give a voice to animals being treated inhumanely.
Thank-you for helping us in our efforts to end homelessness for all animals!