Support Almost Home on Colorado Gives Day!
Almost Home is a no-kill, private 501c3 non-profit, cage-free rescue and adoption center. Most cats are strays that find their way to Almost Home. We also offer a sanctuary that provides refuge to cats in hopeless situations. Our residents come primarily from the streets of Colorado and public shelters where they had once been scheduled to be killed. Almost Home is proud to have been a no-kill shelter and rescue since inception (and before). We embody and support no-kill through our philosophies, actions, policies and programs. In addition, we are one of only several area rescues who will accept and subsequently nurture "bottle babies" (unweaned kittens).
Your support is essential to help us help homeless cats and kittens!
On Tuesday, December 10, 2013, join in the generosity of your fellow Coloradans and support Almost Home by giving a gift to support homeless and abandoned cats and kittens. Every dollar donated helps to ensure that the Almost Home Adoptions remains a safe haven for these innocent animals.
Almost Home Adoptions is a private nonprofit 501c3 and receives no government funding. Almost Home is unique, as illustrated by the following features:
- Cage-Free Adoption Center: A cage-free environment helps in the overall physical and mental health of the cat. Our adoption center has plenty of horizontal, vertical and cubical space for exercise and play. A clean, cheerful, colorful home-like environment is provided in a no-cost/low-cost manner through our dedicated and hardworking volunteer team. In addition, our fully enclosed outdoor enclosure (the "Catio") provides a safe environment in which our residents can enjoy fresh air and sunlight.
- Sanctuary, where cats are able to live full and happy lives with the care and love they deserve.
- Hospital, providing medical treatment for sick or injured residents.
- Hospice, providing consoling care and a warm, loving environment for chronically or terminally ill cats to live out their lives in comfort.
- Special Needs Cats: Almost Home does not turn away cats due to age, medical need, or "lack of adoptability." Therefore, it is safe haven for several older, chronically ill, or handicapped cats. At Almost Home Adoptions, these cats are able to live full and happy lives with medical care, adoration, and the connection to life of which they are all worthy.
- Cat and Kitten Cam: Our 24/7 Cat and Kitten Cam engages our supporters and can be used as an educational. (Watch at http://ustre.am/REUt)
Why give on this day?
To help increase the total amounts distributed to charities, FirstBank – Colorado’s largest locally owned bank – is again underwriting all credit card processing fees so that 100% of your donations will go to Almost Home.
Mark your calendar for Tuesday, December 10, 2013 or schedule your gift today!
Kittens Ready for Adoption
We have many adorable kittens of all shapes, colors, and personalities. If you are looking to add a new furry family member (or two), stop by the adoption center soon! Spread the word so we can find loving and responsible homes for all of these sweet babies!
Volunteers & Fosters Needed
We have a strong need for volunteers and fosters. You will make a difference! Click on the Volunteer or Foster links at the left for additional details and a schedule of upcoming orientations.
"Wyatt" -- In Foreclosed Home Without Food And Water For 2 Months
Wyatt's story as featured on Denver's 9News.com: WESTMINSTER - Every hour veterinarians and volunteers check on Wyatt and help to treat him. Every hour they realize how close Wyatt was to not having another minute.
"I would say that he was probably going to die that day. With his body temperature being that low and
Kitten Cam -- Watch the Kittens Play!
Watching the kittens on the Almost Home Adoptions Kitten Cam is lots of fun! Watch the kittens playing, chasing, and cuddling. If you ever wonder what the kittens do when no one is watching, tune in and find out! Watch now by clicking here.